Sunday, June 23, 2013

Getting around Boston by bicycle is fastest



When I used to live on the (B) line in Boston - I would bicycle past two or more (T)rolley cars on my way to BU. It seemed faster to bike anywhere than to take the public transportation option. To find out which one is really faster - I collected some data from Google maps. After my fellow blogging brother (Eli) challenged me - I ended up comparing cycling to public transportation times for travel to anywhere in Boston and starting at any time of day. The video above is the result.

For more commentary see this blog post about how getting a bike will open up your city. If you want to see how I actually did this (collected and plotted the data) go to the description on my homepage here.

For high-resolution images of these charts see below:

No comments:

Post a Comment